Re: removing a port?

On Mon, Aug 23, 1999 at 10:26:06AM +0200, Niklas Hallqvist wrote:
> To remove a port:
>
> make deinstall		 (if the version numbers still match)
>
> or
>
> pkg_info | grep <some part of the port name>
>
> and then:
>
> pkg_delete <the full name pkg_info showed you in column 1>
>
> This is due to the version number changing at times and we record thet
> in the package name.

Current pkg_info uses some heuristics to guess at what port you want,
so pkg_info port_name usually will get you the full information regardless
of version number.

Same heuristic was not applied to any command that actually *does* anything
to the package database, since it's only an heuristic that may fail in some
rare cases.
--
	Marc Espie