Re: pr 619 thoughts

> On Sun, Nov 22, 1998 at 04:23:06PM -0600, Todd T. Fries wrote:
> > By default the ssh port has disabled rsh.
> Hmm, let me reflect reality: 'This port's maintainer erronously thinks that ..'
>
> It is enabled in the current tree.  If you get problems rsh'ing to a remote
> site verify that rsh works ?
>
> Unless you disable it, rsh is on by default in the configure script of
> ssh.
>
> Is it insecure to allow rsh in ssh at all, even with the big warning?
>
> User error would make it insecure, disabling it would attempt to protect
> themselves from themselves.  Hmm, still no clear direction imho one way or
> the other.

Since the configure script assumes it should be enabled if neither
option (with/without) is specified, adding --with-rsh=/usr/bin/rsh
will not change the current behaviour and probably avoid errors if it
would otherwise find ssh in the path as rsh.

One of the options should probably be set in any case.

Karl-Andre' Skevik