Re: apache chroot + ports

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 09:56:30PM +0100, Ibrahim Khalifa wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 02:35:33PM +0000, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
>
> > > True, but null mounts work quite nicely for this purpose.
> > Are null mounts safe yet or are they still causing panics?
>
> I used unions to solve it in 3.2 and not have panics all the time.

I did that for a while, and while I never saw a panic because of it, my
high-traffic webserver started locking up about every two days.  symon would
continue sending data to a remote symux, but I couldn't ssh in or get any
response out of httpd.  I haven't tried using union mounts since I applied
Ted Unangst's patch, but I'd expect that problem to be fixed as well as the
union mount trouble.

-Dan

--
"Burnished gallows set with red