Re: apache chroot + ports

Anil wrote:
>> Should we support I Apache chroot 'by default' with
>> the PHP/PEAR ports?
>>
>> I could install the PHP modules in /var/www/lib, along
>> with the PEAR libraries (instead of /usr/local/lib/php), i
>> and all would be happy in both the chroot/non-chroot cases.
>>
>> I'm for this ... anyone else got complaints/comments?

ges>
ges> I think they should. That's a nice feature if we take to effect the
ges> expression: 'secure by default'.
ges>

maybe better would be to keep it installing in LOCALBASE, but then supply
an "enable-php-chroot" script or something to then place everything from
LOCALBASE into the correct /var/www.  Just an idea though.

-dan