Yes Mozilla can run on OpenBSD...

But statically :-(

... but yes it does work. :-)

Mozilla 1.1, to which the source can be had at:

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/releases/mozilla1.1/src/

and compiled with (you MUST have...) the following configure script
switches:

--disable-shared --enable-static

I'd also suggest at least:

--disable-debug --enable-crypto and possibly --enable-strip (shaves ~6MB
off mozilla-bin)

But without the first 2, you'll get the same silly unusable binary
everyone else gets. I have no idea if any other switches will work or
break it. Experiment.

Which also leaves you with a lovely, bloated ~31MB mozilla-bin but if
you don't mind that you can have mozilla running natively. This has been
verified by a few people as of now. It hasn't been thoroughly tested but
it loads, renders web pages and doesn't explode. Was something magically
fixed in 1.1? Beats me, the release notes didn't mention anything
specific. Would these compile options work on older versions / different
architectures? No idea. Although... why didn't anyone try this before?
:-) Mailing list search didn't turn up a single comment about it working
with its internal lib's all compiled in statically (but again... is this
something magical about 1.1?).

Now this definitly isn't a great solution, but its a quick (minus the
compile time) way to get mozilla playing on OpenBSD. I've mutilated the
old broken mozilla port files to sort-of-kind-of spit out a package
(that doesn't install properly :-), but again, this isn't the "right"
way to get mozilla running (unless you don't mind the ~100MB, less if
you disable some components, installation). You can cut out about 56MB
of that by rm -rf'ing mozilla-1.1/Test* once its installed.

Anyways, if you're just dying to have mozilla, there you go.

./mozilla-bin -V
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; OpenBSD i386; rv:1.1) Gecko/20020828 <developer build>

--

schubert <schubert@fsck.org>
http://schubert.cx/

Mr Pibb, Dr Pepper, I'm on to you...