Re: DJB is getting his mail (Re: Why were all DJB's ports removed? No more qmail?)

Anders Arnholm (anders@Arnholm.nu) wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 02:35:53PM -0700, Jonathan Walther wrote:
>> If you go to the provided url in his bounces you will realize that
>> he is getting a copy from the list.  What is bouncing is the
>> duplicate, because you sent it to the list AND him directly.
>> Pretty cool hack, I think.

> No, it's a ugly way of force your preferences to the world. i.m.h.o.
> Nice hack is to make shure that you only get one copy even if
> several is sent (well actually not mutch of a hack as it has been
> incorporated in cygnus imapserver and procmail for a long time
> now...)

Lets put it this way. It would be nice to get an autoreply with a
short message, something like:

I noticed you send me a cc of your message on mailing-list ... That
will not be necessary because I will read it on the mailing-list.
Please don't send me cc-messages.

Actualy it is on my wish-list somewere. Needs to be sorted out.

Cya, Han.