Re: Why were all DJB's ports removed? No more qmail?

On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 02:29:56AM -0000, D. J. Bernstein wrote:
> location of /etc/resolv.conf!
> I want to call it /etc/xyzzy. No, no, wait, I want /etc/xyzzy-999052035,
> with the number increasing by 1 every second. That's my local policy!
> Programs that look for /etc/resolv.conf have to be fixed.

Yes, YOU are right ant program that looks for /etc/resolv.conf SHOULD
be fixed. Program should use the interfaces toward the resolver and
not /etc/resolv.conf. One can't even be shure that resolv.conf exists.
some system has only nis or hosts files to resolv names so why should
a program look at /etc/resolv.conf.

/ Balp, that has administed some sites without /etc/resolv.conf
--
      o_   Anders Arnholm,               HiQ - Consultant
 o/  /\    anders@arnholm.nu             Phone  : +46-703-160969

PGP signature