Re: Why were all DJB's ports removed? No more qmail?

Theo de Raadt writes:
> We include a wrapper for it in the ports tree because they have a
> non-discretionary licence.

Nonsense.

Netscape decides for itself what Netscape 4 modifications are allowed---
just as I decide what qmail modifications are allowed. Netscape hides
the source code to discourage third-party patches. Netscape also has
private commercial arrangements with several other companies.

Despite all this, and despite all your sermons about freedom, you've
been distributing Netscape 4 ports for years. Hypocrite.

> > I checked ftp.openbsd.org yesterday, and it was still there.
> And yesterday you claimed it was on the CD.

Sorry. Either way, you've been distributing the package for years.

---Dan