Re: Why were all DJB's ports removed? No more qmail?

Marc Espie writes:
> Netscape4 is explicitly marked as non-redistributable in the ports.
> (All PERMIT_PACKAGES are set to no)

I have an OpenBSD navigator-4.61.tgz package from more than a year ago.
I checked ftp.openbsd.org yesterday, and it was still there.

Why have you been distributing Netscape 4 packages? Why have you been
including Netscape 4 in the ports? Hypocrite.

> On the other hand, you set very explicit restrictions that we obviously
> can't possibly meet.

Liar. All you have to do is stop trying to screw around with the
package. Many other distributors---those that consider user happiness
more important than control---are following the rules.

> In fact, why don't you just use the BSD licence ?

http://cr.yp.to/compatibility.html

---Dan