Re: Why were all DJB's ports removed? No more qmail?

On Mon, Aug 27, 2001 at 11:53:04PM -0000, D. J. Bernstein wrote:
> Theo de Raadt writes:
> > That code has never been free.
>
> When are you going to stop shipping Netscape 4? Hypocrite.

Check your facts, you'll look like less of an idiot.

Netscape4 is explicitly marked as non-redistributable in the ports.
(All PERMIT_PACKAGES are set to no)
Precisely because we read the software licence and followed it.

On the other hand, you set very explicit restrictions that we obviously
can't possibly meet. Remove those restrictions, write something that looks
like a real licence, and answer licence-related questions in your email
and you'll the djb-tools come back to the ports collection.

In fact, why don't you just use the BSD licence ? because it's used by
your personal enemies ?