Re: Questions on localbase again

On Sun, 5 Aug 2001, Christian Weisgerber wrote:

> Ports _should_ transparently handle this.  If a port doesn't, it's
> a bug that should be fixed.

Either I misunderstood something (quite possible :-) or this
conflicts with what Brad said about creating another fake.mtree
(which I already did, although I modified the original which I
 guess is Wrong).

So, should ports handle creating proper
${LOCALBASE}/{bin,man,lib,include,...} even when fake.mtree
doesn't create them?

Further, is INSTALL_DATA_DIR ok for lib and include directories?
(INSTALL_DATA seems to be used for installing libraries and header
 files in /usr/src).

> Also, I suspect a good many configure scripts check for
> things in /usr/local but not in your custom path.  (Same for
> /usr/X11R6 and X11BASE.)

Hmm, doesn't this stuff in bsd.port.mk take care of that?

PORTPATH?= /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:${LOCALBASE}/bin:${X11BASE}/bin
MAKE_ENV+=              PATH='${PORTPATH}' PREFIX='${PREFIX}' \
CONFIGURE_ENV+=         PATH=${PORTPATH}