[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

RE: random reboots.



I have an HP6330, which has a similar configuration to yours (if they
aren't the same model ;)  I found that there were quite a few problems
with the GENERIC kernel, which went away quite magically when I compiled
for my options.  I'd give you my config file, but I blew it away by
mistake and was waiting until 2.6 release to build another.  Mostly I
think the solution is in what you remove from the kernel config, as I
think there are some conflicting things there.

cg.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-misc@openbsd.org [mailto:owner-misc@openbsd.org]On Behalf Of
Michael Shutes
Sent: Monday, September 27, 1999 6:47 PM
To: misc@openbsd.org
Subject: random reboots.


i have a amd k6-2 machine with 128 megs of ram running obsd 2.5 generic.
the display is a mainboard SiS 630 chipset.  i am running XFree86 3.3.5.
90% of the time everything works fine.  the other 10% of the time the
machine randomly reboots, or locks up solid.  this only happens when x is
running.  i have run the machine weeks on end under high load without x
and
never had a problem.

suggestions?

thank you,

Michael Shutes

smime.p7s