panic on shutdown

I've had a couple of panics while shutting down (Version 2.5).

syncing disks...Using decomissioned lock

As far as I can tell they only happen when I have something union mounted
(that is hard disk on top of CD) and don't manually unmount the union before
shutting down. Is this a known "feature" ?

When this union mount is active I get a lot of whinges from mountd which is
"unable to delete exports for /mnt/cd". Problem is I don't understand
why/what it is trying to do.

        Jon