Re: random reboots.

    Michael> I've heard rumors that the Linux version of
    Michael> Navigator runs better on oBSD than the BSDI one does.

This has absolutely been my experience.  Java applets are still a bit
flakey under linux-navigator, but were completely unusable with the
BSDI version.

Also, you indicated the problem only ocurred when running the new XFree86
release, but I'm not sure if that means it didn't happen with prior
XFree releases... I had a problem with my box early on where it would
lock up, or reboot at seemingly random times (but only when X was
running.)

If I recall correctly, this problem went away when I turned off the
console tty in /etc/ttys (although there might have been something
else done instead) and had something to do with messages being sent to
an unavailable destination (e.g. /var/spool/messages --> console)

Does this ring a bell with anyone else?

--
Sean P. McNamara		<tank@soma-tech.com>
SOMA Technologies, Inc.		<tank@thursday.org>