[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: random reboots.

What speed?  What chipset (mainboard chipset, not video chipset)?  Or,
if you don't know that, what make of motherboard?  If I recall
correctly, there's one or two speeds at which th K6-2 is just flakey.
The other thing I'd suspect is a mainboard chipset that wasn't up to
snuff.  Neither one is good news, I know,
so I hope someone else has a less fatalistic idea.

Michael Shutes wrote:

> i have a amd k6-2 machine with 128 megs of ram running obsd 2.5
> the display is a mainboard SiS 630 chipset.  i am running XFree86
> 90% of the time everything works fine.  the other 10% of the time the
> machine randomly reboots, or locks up solid.  this only happens when x
> running.  i have run the machine weeks on end under high load without
x and
> never had a problem.
> suggestions?
> thank you,
> Michael Shutes