Re: slow inet

Well I had the same problem with my cable modem and my NE2000 (An SMC which
has a Realtek 8019 Chip). It just does not work properly, and I tried about
2-3 other cards which are all NE2000. ICMP was really fast, the only
problem was TCP (maybe UDP, I did not test). Requests to the DNS server was
fast too. I plugged a 3com instead of my Ne2000, KABOOM! So fast! it seems
that NE2000 and Cable modems (passing by a DHCP server) just don't fit
together. My other ne2000 is doing the relay on my internal network and it
runs really great. It seems that the problem is with ne2000 and DHCP. Never
had been able to solve the problem beside changing my card for something
else that a ne2000 compatible.

Hope it helps!

Philippe April