Re: Alex Bochannek: TCP issue.

>    *One* user complains that it "just hangs" - Have you duplicated
> this on another peeceee?

This problem is not readily reproducable even on his one PC. Remember
that this is not just his PC, but also the fact that he dials in from
home. When this PC is in the office, this problem never occurs. Other
people have seen this as well although not quite as frequently (which
may have to do with the fact that they have faster net connections at
home and also don't usually get very large attachments).

> I see this kind of stuff here and there, the edit /etc/sysctl.conf and
> turn off rfc1323 both their and manually at the command prompt, and
> many of the problems go away. No idea "why"...

I tried this just now and will report back when the user has had a chance
to try it again.

> Are you using IPF?

No IPF is involved here.

Thanks for the RFC1323 suggestion!