RE: Miscellaneous things.

make plist works for me... on most of my porting efforts.

cg.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-misc@openbsd.org [mailto:owner-misc@openbsd.org]On Behalf Of
Peter Galbavy
Sent: Friday, September 24, 1999 7:42 AM
To: Marc Espie
Cc: misc@openbsd.org
Subject: Re: Miscellaneous things.

On Fri, Sep 24, 1999 at 04:20:06PM +0200, Marc Espie wrote:
> What's wrong with /usr/ports/INDEX ?

An INDEX post processing tool would be useful. It there one ?

Something like "man -k" but to find a "package like X"; maybe I just
missed it. If one does *not* exist, I will do the 15 minutes with perl
to get something done.

> There's absolutely *no reason* to cite *ANY SOFTWARE PACKAGE* that runs
> on OpenBSD and isn't in the ports tree.
>
> If somebody built in and installed it, why did they not contribute a
proper
> port ?

Agreed. Again, I will talk without reading, since I am mailing
indirectly from somewhere where web access is difficult.

Has anyone put together a set of templates for "typical GNU configure",
"typical X package" etc. which have sample files and Makefile to help
a quick roll up of a package. The PLIST file is stil the most
difficult part.

Regards,
--
Peter Galbavy