Re: Anyone running on a Dell Poweredge 2300

On Fri, Sep 24, 1999 at 03:10:56PM -0600, J.D. Carlson wrote:
> We intend to upgrade a server to a Dell 2300, with the hardware RAID
> option. DNS, News, DHCP, etc. I run OpenBSD all the time on Dell Optiplex
> GX1 and GXa machines, and I find it rock solid.  Does anyone have any
> experience/suggestions with the Dell Servers, particularly the RAID stuff?

Last I tried, the RAID boards in the Poweredge machines did not work.  They
are AMI MegaRAID boards, and are not supported by any freenix besides Linux
(and the support there seems to be a bit sketchy).  I just pull the RAID
board and put the drives in a ccd.

--vince