Re: Hello, and a few questions about installing and Console on Serial.

Interesting.  I went with an EtherEZ after I had wierd inexplicable problems with a
second Intel EtherExpress 16.   I replaced one with the SMC, and had some difficulty
with specifically set parameters.  When that didn't work, I tried PnP.  I had
success when I recompiled the kernel with the explicit we0 and we1 lines I included
below commented out, and just the we? at isapnp?.  Now, works like a charm.  This
text passed through the very card.... ;)

PCI would obviously be a much better solution, but unfortunately AT&T 486's just
don't have the slots :(.  Thus, some of us are still hopelessly mired in the world
of ISA.

Michael