Re: Miscellaneous things.

On Fri, Sep 24, 1999 at 03:41:59PM +0100, Peter Galbavy wrote:
> An INDEX post processing tool would be useful. It there one ?
>
> Something like "man -k" but to find a "package like X"; maybe I just
> missed it. If one does *not* exist, I will do the 15 minutes with perl
> to get something done.

Since "man -k" is also known as "apropos", I wrote a command called
"aproports", which does just that. It is not in the tree yet but I
am hoping to get it in for 2.6.

> Has anyone put together a set of templates for "typical GNU configure",
> "typical X package" etc. which have sample files and Makefile to help
> a quick roll up of a package.
Potentially useful.

> The PLIST file is stil the most
> difficult part.
Yes, but you're not expected to create them by hand; see "make plist" which
builds "pkg/PLIST-auto", in effect doing most of the work for you.

Ian