Re: Miscellaneous things.

On Thu, Sep 23, 1999 at 10:03:58PM -0700, Alex Bochannek wrote:
> In general, I think it would be really, really great, if someone could
> maintain a Web page that lists what software packages are available
> for OpenBSD. It could list what version may come with it already (and
> for what hardware platform), what is in the ports tree, or what may
> compile straight out of the original package's distribution. Come to
> think of it, I am even willing to maintain such a matrix if people
> forward package information to me. I think the Gnome Software Map is a
> nice model that works real well.

What's wrong with /usr/ports/INDEX ?

If you want to take that idea further, just grab /usr/ports,
run make readmes, and manage to put the README.html on a site somewhere...

There's absolutely *no reason* to cite *ANY SOFTWARE PACKAGE* that runs
on OpenBSD and isn't in the ports tree.

If somebody built in and installed it, why did they not contribute a proper
port ?

Either it's working, and quality stuff, or it's not.

--
	Marc Espie