Re: ftpd

Thank for the reply. The ftp server is out side the firewall. In the morning
we fire up mac with two nics, start netatalk on unix side and transfer the
files across to the internal server. I am using Proftpd now. I do have cron
script that clears the files in some directories(some pepole down load files
by thursday for sure) or some one will manually deletes them. I got tired of
walking people through the how to ftp with W95/98. Lots of them uses explorer
and with dos ftp client directory names get crunched and list goes on. What I
am trying to do is:

yes, everyone anonymous right now.

1. user cannot delete or rename file.
2. user cannot make or delete directory.
3. user cannot chmod the files.
4. Take off dns entry. use IP number to access the ftp server.
5. Can you make only uploads anonymous??
6. Move the files around with cron. I have to find a way to block file in
progress. I guess who and if not anonymous,
move files or wait.

tks again

awc