Re: HOWTOs

How you manage the early stages of learning OpenBSD really depends on the
expectations you bring with you when you first approach it.

I adminned Ultrix, SunOS and HP-UX boxes before jumping into the freenix
world. I expected a rough ride with the disks and took a safe approach. No
multiple partitions, no funny boot managers. I mucked it up a couple of
times, but now I can fumble my way through an install without whining to
the lists (too much, that is...). Later I managed to setup a dual-boot
Win95 and OpenBSD disk. Crawl, walk, run; babies do it right.

If your only experience with raw disks and partitions is
A:\> FDISK
and
A:\> FORMAT C:
or even worse, buying your hardware preconfigured at the computer store,
you're in for a big shock.

You get out of OpenBSD (or any freenix) what you put in.

Ciao
 --Louis  <louis@bertrandtech.on.ca>

Louis Bertrand       http://www.bertrandtech.on.ca/
Bertrand Technical Services, Bowmanville, ON, Canada

OpenBSD: Secure by default.  http://www.openbsd.org/