Re: [Question]: Encrypted File System

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, Vaibhav Goel wrote:

> Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 15:23:09 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Vaibhav Goel <vg@overload309.com>
> To: misc@openbsd.org
> Subject: [Question]: Encrypted File System
>

> Hi all;
>
> Please point me to the right direction if information about this exists in
> a FAQ/document/manpage somewhere - I just haven't found it yet.
>
> Basically, I am looking for an encrypted filesystem under OpenBSD or a way
> to encrypt/decrypt several files/directories on the fly.
>
> Thanks,
>
> VG
>
> ---
> < Vaibhav Goel > -- < vg@overload309.com > -- < http://www.overload309.com/vg >
> < "Take control of the machine now!" -- Utah Saints >

cfs in the ports tree is probably what you are looking for, although I
don't know where documentation for it is, I'm sure you can find it quite
easily. it's in /usr/ports/security/cfs IIRC.

\:/ ____ \:/
 @~/ o0 \~@
/_( \__/ )_\
   \__U_/
  thbbbbt!

Josh A. Strickland
Computer Engineering Technology
http://www.people.memphis.edu/~jastrckl
jastrckl@memphis.edu

"99% of computer problems can be solved simply by avoiding Microsoft"
-anonymous

OpenBSD, because my daemon can kick your penguin's arse
http://www.openbsd.org