Re: Another list? (was Linux vs. NT Security contest)

He is right. If you guys who want to write HOW-TOs for OpenBSD to make it
easier for newbies and the experienced alike to either switch to OpenBSD
or come up to speed on it quicker, email me. I'll volunteer to help and
coordinate your efforts.

On Wed, 22 Sep 1999, Theo de Raadt wrote:

> > I got quite discouraged with man pages and seldom
> > looked at them again for a very long time.
>
> Well you should start again.
>
> > If we had an indexed
> > repository of HOW-TO's, or the like, it would be very helpful.
>
> It's called
>
> 	man -k whatever
>
> I don't see you writing HOW-TO's.
>
> In fact, I don't see any of the people asking for HOW-TO's writing
> them.
>
> Most of the FAQ is written by 3 guys.  It's not written by you guys
> who keep asking for HOW-TO documents.
>
> So why do you people keep asking if you're not doing the work?
>
> You think we're going to write them?
>
> I think the hint by now should be pretty obvious.  We've decided that
> _if_ we are going spend effort writing anything, it will be man pages,
> not HOW-TO's.
>
> So there's three ways you guys can go with this information.
>
> Either help us with the man pages, or write your own HOW-TO's, or just
> stop making requests for us to do what you want us to do for you..

Regards:

John Horn
City of Tucson, IT Dept.
jhorn1@desperate.ci.tucson.az.us