Re: HOWTOs

> Exactly!  But perhaps <cringe> HOWTOs weren't the right way of referencing
> it... what you mention below about suggested sizes is already included on
> the CD-ROM inlay... presumably in the text files on the ftp sites too...
> but when you jump in, and like a lot of people, don't read every single
> section of the install docs, and you're new to disklabel (like I was at
> the time), you're going be a bit lost... so maybe it's just a question of
> including more detail in the install docs that people are most likely to
> look at... of course, as someone pointed out, it is in the faq already,
> but buried in a place where most newbies won't look...

For the 2.5 release, I did about 150 test installs.

I wrote almost all the text included in the CD.

Coordinated designs for the graphics and layout between two artists who
were doing their best to avoid disagreeing instead of getting us the
best result.

I built binaries for 6 architectures.

I coordinated binary builds for the others.

And coordinated builds of the other parts.

And you want more text?

Oh boy....