Re: No joy with PPP or SLIP between 2 modems

Set up a terminal on the server's com port, create an account called ppp
that starts pppd for the shell.  On the client system, create a chat
script that sends enter, then logs in.  Use the noauth option on both
machines. I am not sure if this is the _best_ way, but it worked for me to
get to the net from an old 386 laptop over a null modem cable, which is
what your computers will think that is.

ALSO:  You may have to short some pins if your modems only support RX and
TX (receive and transmit), which I think you meant by 2-wire?  OpenBSD
needs support for the CTS signal.  Short pins 6 and 4 on each modem if you
have a 9-pin connector...I don't remember what to short on the 25-pin
connectors.