Re: java applet port in ipf

    Cindy <cindy@willowglen.com.my> said:

Cindy> Can someone tell me which port I should open in /etc/ipf.rules
Cindy> in order to pass Java Applet.

There is no particular prot for Java applets.  Applets are retrieved
by the applet viewer by grabbing the specified URL.  In general, it's
HTTP, and in general, it's port 80, but there's no reason that either
of those parameters couldn't be changed.

The only way to know for sure is to read the HTML source of the page
with the applet and look at the location of the applet.

In any event, I suspect that you've got a problem that won't be solved
by opening a port.