Re: Another list? (was Linux vs. NT Security contest)

On Wed, 22 Sep 1999, Brahm Windeler wrote:

> discuss man pages, the faq, and other forms of documentation for openbsd.
> it seems that there is enough interest from people on this list to
> contribute to the documentation effort (i wouldn't mind contributing,
> either) that there should be some forum for coordinating the work.

I'm glad to see interest here, since I'm incredibly sick of man pages! :-)
There is a lot of work left, even after the huge cleanup I did. I never
really added an incredible amount of content; most of my changes were to
fix spelling, grammar, and formatting problems, although I did add some
content here and there.

People interested in creating man pages or learning mdoc macros should
refer to the pages mdoc(7) and mdoc.samples(7) (I believe someone already
mentioned this).

For some time now I've been meaning to at least create an OpenBSD Manual
Page Style Guide. It seems now more than ever this may be useful. I'm
interested in keeping all documentation consistent format-wise. At the
chance of being able to offload some work, I suppose I should get going on
this. I'll keep misc@ up-to-date.

  .
 :  Aaron Campbell <aaron@cs.dal.ca> - [ http://www.biodome.org/~fx ]