Re: Linux vs. NT Security contest

I think you've got a great idea from a newbie perspective, being one myself.
In fact, I'd like to help, although my coding knowledge is zero, but I'm a
writer by trade. So, I offer up my time and experience in the one area I
think I can be helpful if some of you gurus don't mind outlining the
technical aspects and giving quick read throughs. Or if any of you have rough
drafts with typos, just send them my way or we can create a directory
containing files that need cleaning up. Alex's idea on how to approach
security from a procedural approach would be helpful for the inexperienced(I
know there are endless books on the subject, but newbies can't tell which are
relevent or current). I'll try to keep a complete list of all the things that
I needed to learn will settong up my first secure network as a newbie, there
may be a few basic steps that the knowledgeable take for granted. Anyway, let
me know if there is a way I can help.

Victor