Re: Linux vs. NT Security contest

On 21-Sep-99 Theo de Raadt wrote:
>> Interestingly enough, the US Army got tired of being cracked and recently
>> ditched NT in favor of... drumroll... a Mac.  Guess they never heard about
>> OpenBSD.
>
> Don't worry about that.
>
> There are hundreds of NFR installs in the US government.
>
> Almost all of them running on top of OpenBSD.
>
> Of course, they don't know it.

Could it be that they don't trust OpenBSD or (or possibly don't take it
seriously enough), since it's based in Canada and not in the U.S.?  I don't see
how that would make any sense.... most army servers run on buggy, unpatched
Digital Unix or Slowaris boxes and then they wonder why they get cracked by a
bunch of 17 year olds.  Just considering to run NT is so ridiculous...they know
how it lacks security (must be that M$ is giving them a *VERY* good discount).
I don't understand why they would run NT.  The army already uses powerful boxes
like alphas ...they should just run OpenBSD on them, NT what a waste... :(
I hope NFR will NEVER be ported to NT!

---
Emre Yildirim
DSS/DH KeyID%bits: 0xA007E75C%1024/4000
Fingerprint = 4887 5836 BC97 4228 73D6 C565 CEDF 4967 A007 E75C
 3:54PM  up 43 mins, 26 users, load averages: 0.60, 0.76, 0.66