Re: Attempting first make build on 2.5

Marc Espie wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 20, 1999 at 06:18:37PM -0700, Christian Edward Gruber wrote:
> > Theo, et al.
> >
> >    Perhaps it would make sense to spawn a list for less experienced
> > groups, and those of who are willing to lurk there and help can do so.
>
> This *is* the list for less experienced people.
>
> Just because Theo bites a newbie head off doesn't mean you can't give him
> out the right answer as well :)
>
> The only catch is that people hanging here should be expected to be treated
> as morons when they act like morons... like not reading the FAQ and stuff.
>
> So that guy goofed... well, I hope he's going to hold no hard feeling about
> that :)
No hard feelings.  Before biting my head off Theo _did_ tell me the
upgrade section was in the FAQ.  Had I slept on the problem I would have
realized that there should have been something in the FAQ and looked
again.  I was able to upgrade to -current from 2.5 last night. Thanks to
Kjell Wooding for the excellent mini-FAQ and to the folks who emailed me
suggestions.  I did pull the latest snapshot to build a couple of
machines today to build a test VPN.  I'm sure I'll have more questions
today.

Joe