Re: Mutt, slang, and ncurses question

At 11:31 AM 9/21/99 +0200, Marc Espie wrote:
>On Mon, Sep 20, 1999 at 12:32:50PM -0600, Ken wrote:
>> Greets:
>>
>> I run both FreeBSD and OpenBSD boxes.  My preferred MUA is Mutt.  I note
>> that the OpenBSD package requires the slang library, while the FreeBSD port
>> can utilize either slang or ncurses.  I am curious about which would be
>> best to use on one of my FreeBSD boxes and why.  There must be some reason
>> OpenBSD utilizes slang and FreeBSD offers a choice?
>
>Yep, no one bothered to provide a mutt with ncurses packages.
>
>It's probably a bad idea anyway, as this would just confuse users :)

I'm not as confused as curious.  I've asked this question a few different
places today and nobody seems to actually know...  So what the hell, I
figured if it was good enough for OpenBSD, it was good enough for FreeBSD
and built it with libslang.  Interesting that the FreeBSD port defaults to
ncurses though.

Ciao-- Ken
http://www.y2know.org/safari

Failure is not an option- it comes bundled with your Microsoft product.