From: owner-misc@openbsd.org [mailto:owner-misc@openbsd.org]On Behalf Of
Trevor Schroeder
Sent: Monday, September 20, 1999 10:23 PM
To: Ken
Cc: Victor Richardson; misc@openbsd.org
Subject: Re: Linux vs. NT Security contest

On Mon, 20 Sep 1999, Ken wrote:

> I'm sure it's rigged...  Another one of those out of the box Linux vs.
> custom MS Engineer tweaked NT/IIS gigs.  Of course anyone who knows jack

Actually, most likely it's not.  Rather it's the latest in the o-so-lame
hacker challenge bits.  As has been noted elsewhere in great detail, these
things are a waste of time and effort for nearly everyone involved, prove
nothing, and serve only to increase the total mass of hype in the
universe.

For more detailed analysis of why hacker challenges are for l4m3rz [;)]:

http://www.hackernews.com/orig/chall.html
http://www.counterpane.com/crypto-gram-9812.html#contests
: "I knew it was going to cost me my head and also my swivel chair, but  :
: I thought: What the hell--better men than I have risked their heads    :
: and their swivel chairs for truth and justice." -- James P. Cannon     :
:........... http://www.zweknu.org/ for PGP key and more ................:

smime.p7s