Re: A little off topic but I would like this answered

On Mon, Sep 20, 1999 at 06:44:32PM -0500, Brian Sea wrote:
> I was just wondering if there was a way to place a root-password control
> on the single-user mode?

Hmmm, yes, if you change the entry for "console" in /etc/ttys
from 'secure' to 'insecure' it will prompt for the password
when going into single user mode. It will also prevent root login,
which is a Good Thing (you should login as yourself and su or sudo
when you need extra perms anyway).

My Pentium system's entry looks like this:

console	"/usr/libexec/getty Pc"		vt220	off insecure

Ian

P.S. This should not have gone to ports. Misc is the mailing list
for misc. questions.  Ports is for discussion of software ported
or being ported to OpenBSD.