Re: ssl-auth (Was: sslwrap)

>Date:     Mon, 13 Sep 1999 14:28:57 BST
>From: Dennis Davis <ccsdhd@bath.ac.uk>
>To: Aaron Jackson <jackson@msrce.howard.edu>
>cc: misc@openbsd.org
>Subject:  sslwrap (Was: stunnel)
>
>>Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 11:58:48 -0400
>>From: Aaron Jackson <jackson@msrce.howard.edu>
>>To: misc@openbsd.org
>>Subject: stunnel
>>
>>Looking around a little, I was able to find a referenct to stunnel.
>>It looks like something I need to wrap imap with a SSL connection.
>>I got it to compile it, but with a few warnings.  Has anybody used
>>stunnel before?  Any comments about how it effects security? BTW,
>>there is a FreeBSD port:
>>
>>http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/security/stunnel
>>
>>source located at:
>>
>>http://mike.daewoo.com.pl/computer/stunnel/
>
>You might also care to have a look at sslwrap:
>
>http://www.rickk.com/sslwrap/

It belatedly occurs to me that there may be a third alternative
to using stunnel or sslwrap.  There's a program, ssl-auth, that
comes as part of the netpipes package.  The OpenBSD ports collection
contains netpipes at:

 /usr/ports/net/netpipes

The OpenBSD port builds the export version of netpipes.  This
doesn't contain the ssl-auth program.  However those of you inside
the bastion fortress of the North American continent can pick up
the domestic version which does contain ssl-auth.  As an enemy alien
I can obviously only read about ssl-auth, so I can't really say how
useful it may be.