IP NAT, helper mods

Is it true that FTP (non-passive) , etc do not currently co-operate with
IP NAT???

Is there a planned attack to ever accomplish the 'helper modules' for
IP NAT that Linux IP Masquerading has??  If there has been some
discussion regarding this, I surely have missed it.

Just a general question, considering this function of OpenBSD is a well
welcomed one -- with all of the exploits being released for  common
Linux apps, Im getting anxious to replace my Linux NAT box with an
OBSD one.

Jeremy Kuhnash
Empirion