Re: 486 vs. 586

~  I guess you'd better pick up the pentium 133 because ip filtering and
~ ipnatting do not take a lot of disk space.. in fact they do not use it at
~ all.

So far I noticed the amount of ram usually affects performance much more
that CPU (and the second thing is usually disk i/o speed) (until the CPU
classes differ rapidly). So I would stick with 486 box. Plus you mention
it uses SCSI2 which usually means that you'd have faster disk i/o.