Re: cvs woes

Marco S Hyman <marc@snafu.org> wrote:

>  > currently my CVSROOT is "CVSROOT=anoncvs@anoncvs5.usa.openbsd.org:/cvs"  i
>  > have tried others with the same result.  please help.
>
> For all: CVSROOT IS NOT USED IF AN EXISTING CVS/Root FILE EXISTS.

Er, hmm, it is right now.

I think my ports tree is originally off the 2.5 CD. I've since
updated it over the net using cvs. The "ignoring CVS Root because
is specifies a non-existent repository /cvs" message is more of a
warning actually, at least it is not a fatal error. After complaining,
cvs continues by using CVSROOT.

The question is, how do I get rid of the message? Or rather, how
do I update CVS/Root to the currently used CVSROOT? Should I remove
all CVS/Root files? And where can I get a brain infusion that
teaches me CVS? The manual looks daunting.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                  naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de