Qlogic adapaters (was Re: Support for Adaptec AHA-2940U2)

On Wed, 15 Sep 1999, Peter Galbavy wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 14, 1999 at 04:01:31PM -0700, chuck wrote:
> > Of course, if you really want high performance, qlogic's card kicks
> > butt.  I say this as someone who uses adaptec at home (needing lower
> > performance but adaptec's flexibility with multiple connectors).
>
> Are they under the QLogic brand or what ?

Yes, they are. Qlogic's home page lives at www.qlc.com. I'm using the
QLA-1040 in a dozen or so machines with nary a complaint to speak of. I
got mine from www.fasterthanlight.com for just under $200 each.

And speaking of Qlogic cards, would somebody in the know care to elucidate
which cards are supported under OpenBSD? Currently, the i386 page just
says 'QLogic PCI SCSI controllers' which is a bit broad.

Thanks,
jonathan

+++ Jonathan Rozes, System Administrator, Will Vinton Studios