Re: Not allow users to change passwd

The passphrase is used to encrypt/decrypt the private key on the client,
when it is needed to respond to the challenge from the server.

You can configure sshd to *also* ask for the Unix password though, of
which the administrator of the server can make sure it isn't empty. Makes
logging in a bit awkward though.

--
Camiel