Re: Not allow users to change passwd

On Wed, Sep 15, 1999 at 12:10:17PM +0200, Tor Houghton wrote:

> Speaking of SSH & keys, is there a way to make sure that a key has a
> passphrase? (Or do I need to hack sshd to do this?)

As I understand it, the local ssh client is the one that requires the
passphrase, not the sshd server, since the passphrase is used to
decode the real private key for use in the challenge part of the
protocol.

In other words I don't know, but it would be on the client side.

--
Peter Galbavy
Knowledge Matters Ltd