Re: Sparc: xlock and keyboard

On Tue, Sep 14, 1999 at 12:58:30PM +0200, Nikolay Sturm wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I ran xlock on a Sun ELC running OpenBSD 2.5 the other day and was
> rather surprised to find it stop working (i.e. no xlock anymore, access to
> my x-session without having to enter a password!) after a few minutes with
> the following message in xconsole:
>
> Access control list restored.
> xlock: caught signal 11 while running goop mode (uid 0).

There is a large design problem with xlockmore that should be addressed
one of these days.

Namely, xlockmore is dependent on *all modes* working flawlessly to ensure
correct security, as the blankers work under a cooperative model.

It's not that surprising that there should be a bug somewhere, that manifests
only when the `right' set of random values is drawn.
--
	Marc Espie