Re: sysctl

Hello!

On Tue, Sep 14, 1999 at 10:17:51AM +0200, Tony Sarendal wrote:

> [...]

> sysctl: ddb.panic: value is not available

> All I've done is to compile a new kernel, and put
> ddb.panic=0 in /etc/sysctl.conf.

You built the kernel with option DDB disabled. And if there's no DDB,
there's no need to control it. Besides that, the message is completely
harmless. For me, it's just the same, as I currently run a kernel
w/o DDB. However, if I should enable DDB again, I will want to have
ddb.panic=0, so I leave that line in /etc/sysctl.conf intact.

Regards, Hannah.