Re: xdm question...

You wrote (in your message from Monday 13)

 >     I finally X working on my Dec Multia when I realized that I had to
 > use
 >
 > startx -- -kb

Well, this probably means that we'll have to disable XKB by default in
future release fot Xtga.

 > instead of just startx.  However, since the X server should never be
 > setuid root I can't start the server as any user but root.  So I'd like
 > to use xdm.  Exactly how do I go about getting Xtga to start with the
 > proper -kb option.  I've attempted to edit /var/X11/xdm/Xservers and
 > change the line:
 >
 >  :0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X
 >
 > to:
 >
 >  :0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X -kb
 >
 > but it didn't work...

This should work. To find out why it doesn't you may try to start xdm
manually with the -nodaemon -debug flags. Also make sure that
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm is a symbolic link pointing to /var/X11/xdm.

--
					Matthieu