Re: Death of Richard Stevens

On Fri, 10 Sep 1999, CyberPsychotic wrote:

> ~
> ~ I have no idea if any of you lurkers on this list knew Richard Stevens of
> ~ Tucson Arizona. Rich Stevens has written several excellent books on UNIX
> ~ network programming and similar topics. Rich passed away early last week.
> ~ He will be missed by many. I last saw him at the USENIX conference in
> ~ Monterrey California this last June where he taught a course on network
> ~ programming.
> ~
>
> I got bummed when I read this in SANS digest earlier today. Richard
> used to be one of my favourite techincal writers, not speaking that his
> APUE is true Unix programmer's bible.

Indeed it is. I just received the SANS digest and saw the notice as well.
One of our secretaries saw him mentioned in the obits a couple of weeks
ago and brought it to my attention. It was a depressing day. Everyone who
knew him in Tucson will miss him - I'm sure everyone who knew him will
miss him where ever they may be.

Regards:

John Horn
City of Tucson, IT Dept.