sslwrap (Was: stunnel)

>Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 11:58:48 -0400
>From: Aaron Jackson <jackson@msrce.howard.edu>
>To: misc@openbsd.org
>Subject: stunnel
>
>Looking around a little, I was able to find a referenct to stunnel.
>It looks like something I need to wrap imap with a SSL connection.
>I got it to compile it, but with a few warnings.  Has anybody used
>stunnel before?  Any comments about how it effects security? BTW,
>there is a FreeBSD port:
>
>http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/security/stunnel
>
>source located at:
>
>http://mike.daewoo.com.pl/computer/stunnel/

You might also care to have a look at sslwrap:

http://www.rickk.com/sslwrap/

Appended below are some simple diffs which will get it compile on a
stock OpenBSD2.5 system with the libssl-1.1.tgz package installed.

Caveat: I've only just updated my copy of this from a previous
        version.  I've yet to try to either version.

*** Makefile.orig	Fri Sep  3 16:42:26 1999
--- Makefile	Mon Sep 13 14:19:56 1999
***************
*** 7,18 ****
  # Debug/Optimizations
  #OPT = -g
  #OPT = -O3

  all :
  	gcc -o sslwrap ${SRC} ${OPT} -DFLAT_INC \
! 		-DOPENSSL=\"openssl/\" -DSMTP \
! 		-L/usr/local/ssl/lib -lssl -lcrypto \
! 		-I/usr/local/ssl/include ${EXTLIBS}

  install :
--- 7,19 ----
  # Debug/Optimizations
  #OPT = -g
  #OPT = -O3
+ OPT = -O2

  all :
  	gcc -o sslwrap ${SRC} ${OPT} -DFLAT_INC \
! 		-DOPENSSL= \
! 		-lssl -lcrypto \
! 		-I/usr/include/ssl ${EXTLIBS}

  install :