Re: OpenBSD help

At 09:24 PM 9/12/99 -0700, Victor Richardson wrote:
>Not to sound like a love in, but..... Thanks again Michael, Neurowiz,
>Maurice, Ken, and Trevor. It's to see that you all essentially
>recommended the same books. I'm going to grab them this week and give
>them a good read through before I start pestering with more questions(
>and attempt an install), so at least I know what questions to ask and
>how to phrase them. And I glad to see that there is a BSD Users group
>here in LA, I had excellent experiences at local Linux Users meetings
>and expect this to be just as good.

One of the best ways to learn is by doing.  Don't wait until you've read
all those books before you engage in some hands on.  Theory and practice
compliment each other.  If you don't want to take a chance on messing
around on a production box, go grab an old 486 at a yard sale.  The online
docs do a pretty good job of walking you through an install.

Ciao-- Ken
http://www.y2know.org/safari

Failure is not an option- it comes bundled with your Microsoft product.