Re: PPP Server

> Hi!
> I'm trying to set up a multiline PPP server on i386. Based on the PPP manpage
> i think i've got everything right for a single line. What do I need to tweak
> (and where) to make all 16 work.
> The modems are on a 16 port cyclades controller, and i've created /dev/ttyc00
> .. /dev/ttyc15, and marked them in /etc/ttys like this:
> ttyc00  "/usr/libexec/getty std.38400"  dialup on secure
> It's not clear what else needs to be done since /etc/ppp/ppp.conf has in the
> default section "set device /dev/cuaa1" and i'm guessing that if an option is
> used twice the new value overwrites the old. Is the "default" section
> essentially a dialout thing?

Yes.  It only applies to callback setups in -direct mode.

> Ideas would be much appreciated.

You may also want to allocate IP numbers to your clients dynamically
with (for example)

  set ifaddr

People with static IP numbers can have their numbers specified in
/etc/ppp/ppp.secret - overriding the above line.

Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>                   <brian@OpenBSD.org>
Don't _EVER_ lose your sense of humour !          <brian@FreeBSD.org.uk>