Re: PPP Server

> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to set up a multiline PPP server on i386. Based on the PPP manpage
> i think i've got everything right for a single line. What do I need to tweak
> (and where) to make all 16 work.
>
> The modems are on a 16 port cyclades controller, and i've created /dev/ttyc00
> .. /dev/ttyc15, and marked them in /etc/ttys like this:
>
> ttyc00  "/usr/libexec/getty std.38400"  dialup on secure
>
> It's not clear what else needs to be done since /etc/ppp/ppp.conf has in the
> default section "set device /dev/cuaa1" and i'm guessing that if an option is
> used twice the new value overwrites the old. Is the "default" section
> essentially a dialout thing?

Yes.  It only applies to callback setups in -direct mode.

> Ideas would be much appreciated.

You may also want to allocate IP numbers to your clients dynamically
with (for example)

  set ifaddr 1.2.3.4 5.6.7.8-5.6.7.100

People with static IP numbers can have their numbers specified in
/etc/ppp/ppp.secret - overriding the above line.

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>                   <brian@OpenBSD.org>